Friday, July 22, 2011

last of our summer visitors

The Fish house has hosted many visitors this summer, and we love it! The last of our summer visitors were here this week. The Heiligs made a trip up from Texas (and brought some heat with them)! It was the warmest week we'd had all summer, but we had fun. Jon and Chris got in plenty of fishing, our boys played themselves into exhaustion, and I got to spend some time catching up with my sweet friend face to face instead of kid interrupted phone calls!


The boys and I watched as their plane came into land at our tiny airport.


Even though the state parks were closed due to the MN government shut-down, we walked into Itasca to see the Mississippi River headwaters.
It was a great place for the boys to splash around, since it's not deep and doesn't have lake itch!
The boys headed outside to splash around after a morning of rain.



Our last night was perfect cook-out weather!


We borrowed our neighbors' pontoon boat, and I jumped into lake water for the first time since moving to MN!


I caught the dads paddle boating together. They were trying to plant some Northern Pike as bait for our bald eagles. The night before they watched an eagle swoop up a fish they laid out as bait right in front of our dock.


My car full of sweet little boys!!

No comments: