The snow season started more than a month later this year than last year. So, when we got our first little dusting, we were all excited. Then, at the beginning of this week we got a nice, big snowfall!

This picture is completely blurry, but you get the idea. Carter had been waiting months to do this: go down the slide into the snow!! He came flying down so fast!
Monday it snowed and snowed all day. When I went to pick Carter up at school they were all out on the playground. Here's Carter with his sweet friend and good buddy, Ben.
I thought it was great they were out there because in Oklahoma if it's below 32 it's inside recess that day. Now, when I taught in Rochester, MN and had to stand outside on recess duty, I didn't think it was so great! But, this was the first big snow of the season, so the kids were super excited. Carter is straight in the middle in all black making a loop around the snowy playground.
When we got home from school he wanted to just stay outside to play in our yard. I got Graham and myself geared up, and we played for a long time in our fresh snow. Carter plopped down and told me he was having an after school snack (of snow). He also created a snow restaurant that only served snow foods--I ordered an icecream sandwich :)
No comments:
Post a Comment