Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring 2011 OK visit

We took a 2 week trip to OK to visit friends and family (and get a break from the cold, hopefully). I decided to fly out of Grand Forks this time, and we went the night before and swam at our hotel. I think Carter is getting pretty used to seeing lakes anywhere we go because when we pulled into the hotel parking lot he said, "does our room have a lakeview?" No, our highway, airport hotel room does not have a lakeview. We got in several warm days, made a trip down to Texas, and visited lots of people!
I bought a magazine at the airport and figured I jinxed myself, but I read the whole thing! Graham fell asleep before take-off from MSP to OKC and slept for an hour.
When he woke up, Carter was watching a movie, and he played Leapster for the rest of the flight.
Ahhh...Braum's! We were able to eat dinner outside, and of course, ice cream!
Apparently, Graham likes ice cream.
I got to spend most of a day at Camp Cimarron. I spent 13 summers here growing up.
We went to Texas to visit my sister and her family. Then, over to Flower Mound to play with Jessica and her kids. Carter and Cole played like they see each other every day. I accidentally deleted a great, goofy picture of all 4 boys.
We played at Grandma White's kid, toy paradise a couple of times.
The boys slept so well! They've never shared a bed before, and I always black-out their rooms. But, this time I tried them in a bed together and didn't cover the windows in black, and they slept great.Woo-hoo! The zoo!! We spent a morning at the zoo with our former neighbors. This is one thing that I really miss about living in Oklahoma. The OKC Zoo is wonderful, and we spent a lot of time there when we lived in Edmond.
Carter and Dalton picked right up where they'd left off the last time they saw each other.
Such sweet friends.
Carter chatting with the animals, Dalton cracking up, and Graham along for the ride. Dalton kept telling Carter, "say funny things again!" His laugh was hilarious, and Carter was eating it up!
Back in MSP. They have a great playplace, thank goodness! But, before taking off in OKC Carter looked out the plane window and asked, "Why are they deicing us?" I didn't think they would be, but sure enough, my well traveled little boy knew exactly what they were doing! I think he's scarred from past flight delays.

Slept before take-off and through the entire flight MSP to Grand Forks. It was a great trip. As we drove onto our street Carter told me, "I miss Sonic." Sorry, we won't be hitting Sonic until our next OK visit!

No comments: