Friday, April 15, 2011

brave day

Carter has touched snakes at the science center several times, but I don't think he's ever held one on his own. Well, Jon h-a-t-e-s snakes and was with us at the science center this afternoon. Carter thought it'd be very funny to ask to get out one of the snakes. They got out a snake for us to check out, and Carter not only held the snake but also wore it around his neck! So brave!!

And, inspecting a walking stick. I wore the snake around my neck first. Partly to show Carter there's nothing to be scared of, but also I knew it would gross Jon out! Since I grew up with a brother where a snake around the neck wasn't uncommon, this really didn't bother me at all.

2 comments:

mommy2alex said...

Yall are brave!! I don't hate snakes, but don't like them either - Alex is the same way. Looks like a really cool place to go though!!

Nikkie said...

scott will be proud!