Carter had a fun, busy week. He had his regular things like swimming (he now will act like Jay Jay the Jet plane while swimming), playgroup, and playing with mom and dad. But, he ended his week with some great BIG BOY news for the Fish house!
We started out the week with a visit to the doctor, and Carter had his first experience with suckers. I feel like I've been depriving him of some amazing thing for the last 2 years. I had a couple of suckers in my purse from the man who helped us at the carwash the day before, and I got them out to help Carter through his doctor visit. After showing him what to do with them, Carter was in heaven. I bought a big bag of dum-dums, and he is loving it and getting specific about which ones he likes/dislikes.
.JPG)
Carter likes to help me out in the kitchen when I'm cooking. He's great at mashing bananas for banana bread, crunching up things, or scooping dough. When he was helping me with dinner one night he had all of the measuring cups, and I needed the 1/4 cup for a recipe. A few minutes later he told me he was reading his cookbook, and he needed the one-fourth back. Then, while I was talking my way through the recipe he told me to "not talk, I reading my cookbook mommy." He's a great kitchen helper!
MOMS Club went to Incredible Pizza this week, so Carter and I got to check it out for the first time. We ate lunch with Carter's friend Jensen and his mommy, Kristi. Then, they showed us around and let Carter play the basketball game with them. Jensen was making some shots, and I think Carter will get the hang of it eventually! Back at his 4 month well-child check Dr. Krous jokingly told me, "There's sports other than basketball" due to his lack of height.
The big news in the Fish house this week was Carter using his potty--for real this time! He told me 5 times on Saturday when he needed to go, and we went to the store to get some new underwear. Aunt Emily had given him some at Christmas, and he picked out the dinosaur ones (in the pic) to wear for that morning. Then, at the store he picked out some race car ones. At naptime I put a diaper on him, but he wanted to wear his undies. So he wore undies over his diaper and was happy with that. He gets M&M's when he goes and loves to flush the contents of his potty seat down the toilet. What a big boy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment