Sunday, August 3, 2008

We're getting there...I hope!

When I was pregnant with Carter I wanted him to stay in as long as possible for maternity leave reasons. But, now I'd be happy for Graham to get here ASAP! No reason for him to keep me up at night, uncomfortable, and miserable in this stinking hot weather anymore. Hopefully, he decides to join our family soon!

Carter and I are having fun together, though. I've been trying to prep him that Graham will sleep, eat, and cry a lot, rather than do play-dough, fish, or swim with him (at first). Carter has many plans of what he will be teaching Graham, and he's already a protective big brother. The other night he thought Cleo was jumping on my tummy a little too much and really fussed at her saying "Don't jump on mommy! Graham is getting bigger!"

Carter's imagaination and conversations have really taken off in the last few months. Here he is doing some cooking making an Oreo shake for me with potting soil and the hose after dinner the other night. We go on lots of "trips" and "adventures" together, do puppet shows, and he pretends to be different animals for me (a donkey/rabbit combo the other day when he was on all fours kicking his legs).
Things he says and remembers surprise me too. I told him what a sweet dog Cleo is, and he said "Like a canteloupe?" because we'd had a sweet canteloupe at breakfast. Then he'll remember the most random things from months ago, and it takes me a minute to figure out what on earth he's talking about.
And finally, a potty-training update: He is doing really well with the potty and telling me when he needs to go, but I'm still not brave enough to go out without a diaper or pull-up--not sure when that will happen!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I didn't know you had a blog. Yay! I'm excited to follow your adventures on your blog. Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy. Miss you,
Jenna

Kristi said...

I love the preggo pic of you Carrie