Friday, October 31, 2008

"Pumpkin" Patch

Graham, Carter, and I went to a "pumpkin" patch to pick out a pumpkin for Carter. There wasn't really a pumpkin patch, but there were lots of pumpkins in trailers and a few big piles of them. Instead it was more of a farm for kids to feed animals, play in hay, and run around a lot! Oh, and lots of bees to dodge.


Carter picked out a little pumpkin, so today we carved it into a Jack-O-Lantern. He helped me scoop it out (which he thought was yucky), and he made "observations" like they did on Sid the Science Kid this morning.

After we finished carving, I put a candle in it because Carter wanted me "fire it up!"

1 comment:

Dalton's Mom said...

Great pumpkin project! And thanks for telling us about Sid the Science Kid...I don't know how much Dalton likes it yet but I think it's pretty cool!