I've been trying to get out and do some stuff around the area with the boys. The guys laying our carpet asked me if I'd taken Carter to Animal Land yet. Unfortunately, they asked me this in front of Carter. So, Carter has been asking me to take him to "that place the carpet men talked about. Animal something?" I read the reviews that were posted on Google when I was looking up how to get there. One poster wrote that it was depressing and you get lots of deer poop on your shoes. They were right! Thankfully, a big, fat mean goat chased us just as we were getting to the deer pen to feed the deer because that kept us from going in where all the deer poop was. I will admit the pens where the other animals are kept are clean. But, it was so sad and depressing to see these animals in dog kennel-type pens. There were tubes where you drop food down to them, and the racoons fight over the cereal and dog food being dropped in. I just threw a big handful toward the pen, so it would scatter and they spread out for it. There was a sad monkey who would take a banana that was dropped down the tube, and two huge bears in these tiny pens. Needless to say, we won't be going back to Animal Land ever again. Carter doesn't even want to go back. We didn't stay long and returned the food we didn't use on the way out. So, since that trip was a bust, Carter decided dinner at the McD's playplace sounded great :)
*I did take a few pics, but there's nothing anyone would want to see...
Update: This morning (the day after animal land) when Carter woke up and I was laying in his bed, I said "Hmmm... what should we do today?" He said, "I DON'T want to go to Animal Land!"
15 years ago
1 comment:
That's so sad!
Post a Comment