After spending a few days in Ft. Worth we headed up to OK to see lots of friends and family.

I was happy to get to join in on Moms' Night Out with my former Edmond MOMS group. It was nice that it was on Cinco de Mayo, we had our own room, and yummy mexican food and margaritas!

Although I was melting in OK a few days, I was happy that I wasn't in Bemidji to see this. Jon sent a picture of the snow in our front yard--in May!

Carter has been wanting to go to the Omniplex, and our Bemidji Science Center pass works there too! So, we spent some time there. But, May at the zoo or Ominplex is pretty crazy with all of the school field trips.
Jon was off during the second week we were gone. He tackled several projects around the house. We have our OU flag flying on the dock now! Jon heard someone going by the other day say, "Oh, some Ohio fans." I asked him if yelled to correct them. Guess that'll be my job :)
I took the boys over to play with my Grandma. They love her and playing at her house. She has a room dedicated to toys for grandkids!

We were "lucky" enough to be there during a crazy tornado outbreak. After we saw this one on tv and the storm chaser said that this one is west of Norman, the boys and I got in the closet under the stairs. If the tornado was west of Norman, then it was heading our way (we were at my mom's house in Norman). But, the storm chaser had his directions mixed up. Fortunately for us, the tornado was east of Norman.
Edmond MOMS Club holds an event called Touch a Truck to raise money for the Oklahoma Food Bank. Among other things, they provide backpacks with food for school children to take home on weekends and holidays. Carter loved the police motorcycles and playing on the car carrier semi.
Both boys driving a police car.
Graham found a spot to rest and eat his Snickers while Carter continued to check out trucks!
No comments:
Post a Comment