Friday, January 14, 2011

forecast: snow

There were a few days of "Holy cow! I don't want to get out of bed" negative temperature kind of days, but it's been mostly above zero lately. So, it's been warm enough for it to snow, snow, snow! Cleo has a nice path with the sides much higher than her to get out to the yard, and when it's "warm" enough she actually ventures off the patio to do her business!
I wasn't laughing at this guy when I took his pic. Rather, I was impressed with his dedication! It was -5 when I took this. Today, when I drove by it was 10, and the guy wasn't even wearing gloves!
Wyatt and Carter took an ice fishing break and headed outside of the ice house to run around a bit.
My garden flag was completely buried, so Carter showed me "how professionals" shovel to get it out.
We have a great, giant pile (mountain in the eyes of two certain little boys) of snow from our snow plowed driveway. Carter was so excited to climb it!
Graham watched Carter do it first, and then he decided he could do it too.
Graham trying to catch up with Wyatt and Carter who were already sledding.
Forget sledding--we're sliding into the snow down the slide!
Won't be left behind!
Swinging in the snow.
Once again, "if they can do it, I can do it!"
Oh, and I'm out and about after having this done a few weeks ago :) My stitches are out now, so I put on one of Jon's boots instead of the silly surgery shoe. That way, I could get out there with my boys! I'm sure my doctor would be thrilled--shhhh, don't tell.

3 comments:

Nikkie said...

the last picture is by far my favorite. : )

miss ya!

Laura said...

We love the picture of them going down the slide on the sled! Looks like fun!

3boysmom said...

What fun! It is so beautiful there with all the snow. But I must say it hurt me to look at your poor foot...I hope it feels better than it looks!