I have been very fortunate to have met some very sweet, great women here. I really do miss my girlfriends who are a thousand miles away, but I am so glad to get to hang out with my Bemidji ones!
We got together for a much needed dinner before Christmas (except Amy who was sick!)
*You can't take your ears off. Jesus made them on tight, so they can't come off.
*How do you take your head off? Do you un'crew it?
*Why are they called sea horses? Horses don't live in the sea. I'll call them 'nobody lives in the sea.' That's what I'll call them!
*When I'm a grown-up can I drive a mini-van?
*It's hard to walk when I have toe jam.
*Mom, you should be a Thunder Gril.
*Can you 'magine if I had a hole in my hand?
things I love about my boys
*when I lay in bed with Carter some mornings, and he likes to read books or play with my phone. But, the phone or flashlight is too bright in his dark room, so he puts on his sunglasses
*the way Graham snuggles his head on my shoulder and sticks his arms straight down when he's tired or when he first wakes up
*Graham screams like crazy while I'm changing him, but as soon as we're finished, he's completely fine
*Carter's negotiating skills
*now that Graham can stand, he'll lean against me with his head and put his arms straight down at his sides
*when Carter plugs his ears as we walk past "the loud store" (Abercrombie) at the mall
*the way Carter tests his limits (although not always cute at the moment)
*Graham pretty much smiles all the time
*sometimes when people ask Carter, "How are you?" he'll reply, "I have a cough."
*the way Graham gets excited to see Cleo, our dog
*Carter's sense of humor
*Graham's laugh when I kiss his neck
*when Carter starts a sentence with "Can you 'magine if..."
*how Graham grabs my face with both hands
*the way Carter sleeps with a corner of his blanket in his ear
*Although he speaks really well, some of Carter's words crack me up: burger (booger), gril (girl), bumember (remember), and I can add an "S" to almost any word I don't understand to make sense of it
When I grow up...Carter's future
*a magician
*a street sweeper
*an astronaut
*a sign language teacher
*a highway construction worker
*the airport luggage guy
*a fireman
*a garbage man
*a carnival man (but the man who drives the carnival stuff, so he can be a mover man at the same time)
1 comment:
So glad that you have met some good friends! But I agree, still miss those in OK - they were the best!
Post a Comment