No Graham yet! But, Carter's imagination is helping our family grow. He continues to pretend he is Molly, but yesterday he started to pretend he is Lauren (Molly's sister). So, I'm still Emily a lot of the time. Just before 8:00 this morning I was sitting in my room waiting for him to wake up, and I heard on the monitor "Emily! The garbage man is getting our garbage!" because he could hear the truck outside. The garbage man came early today, and Carter loves to go out to watch him. So, he jumped out of bed, and we ran out there (me in my robe, 9 months pregnant--not a pretty picture for the neighbors who were out there). We have a very nice garbage man, and I think I might try to figure out a garbage man costume for Halloween this year.
His imagination is weaving quite a web, though. He started telling me about the cows that came in his room, the wind came up and the cows yelled "Moo" at him. Then they went back in the grass where their food was to eat. But, he was ok because he had covers on him. He started to pretend he was a cow named Fred (that's what all the frogs in the backyard are named). Then it became "I'm Lauren, and I'm a cow named Fred." I'm going to have to make some sort of chart to keep track of who's who around here. Carter pretending to be Lauren pretending to be a cow named Fred!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment