Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fun week with our new family member!

We had a fun week with our newest family member. Nope, not Graham. About halfway through the week Carter decided that he is now "Molly" (his cousin), and he even renamed me as "Emily" (Molly's mom) and our dog Cleo is "Maddy" (their dog).

Even out in public I often have to refer to him as Molly. Here he is at Unpluggits one morning, and when it was time to leave I couldn't tell Carter to come with me--it was "No, I'm Molly!" So, I was saying "Come on Molly, it's time to go" to my little boy in front of the other moms and kids there. Or, if he wants me, instead of calling for "mommy" he yells for Emily, even though he's referring to me.

I can use this Molly thing to my advantage, though. When he didn't want to eat any apples at lunch one day, I told him that I know Molly likes apples. So he ate a few. Calling him Molly gets his attention easier than calling him Carter sometimes, so even though I'm ready for this Molly phase to pass, it has worked out in my favor at times.


Hopefully, next time I have anything to post on here it'll be info on a real new member of our family instead of Carter's imaginary family. I go to the dr tomorrow, so I'm hoping she has some good news for me!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is so funny! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to deal with the imaginary stuff in public!

Jenna said...

Oh he's so funny! Jack went through a phase where he was "clifford the big red dog" and I had to call him Clifford and he would answer with a bark. It was pretty funny and I had forgotten about it until your blog reminded me.