Carter and I thought we were going to a kid-fest type of event that was going to have lots of trucks to check out. But, we had the date wrong when we got there, so to avoid complete disappointment we detoured to the fire department at 122nd and May. My fireman brother had told me that they wouldn't be bothered if I just dropped in at any station with Carter to see the trucks, so I decided to test out that theory. The guys there were super nice and took Carter on top of the truck to go across the ladder and get in the bucket. He had so much fun looking at the "jaws of life" and trying on a helmet. Carter has been "jaws of lifing" things and people with some kitchen tongs ever since then.But, this morning I had to question his future fireman abilities. He was playing with a fire truck and said,"Is there a house on fire?" Me:"Yes, go put it out and get the people!" Him:"OK! But, first I have to stop by 7-11 to get a drink." I don't know if real firemen are allowed to stop for a Big Gulp on the way to fires...

1 comment:
A guys gotta stay hydrated, right? I love hearing about Carter's active imagination...three is such a fun age. I'm just trying to take it all in with Cale since he's our last one.
Post a Comment