Saturday, April 4, 2009

whew...big hurdle behind us!

We are officially homeless! Which is a good thing. Our closing got bumped one day, so we closed on our house on April Fool's Day. It made me nervous to have it on that day, but you take what you can get. The new owner is going to have some nice, sweet neighbors to hang out with this summer. We'll miss our friends on Cantera Creek Drive, but I won't miss saying and spelling out my street address to people anymore!
The movers loaded up our house on Tuesday, March 24. They didn't bring a big enough truck and had to take 2 trips to get our stuff moved to storage (my mom's garage :)
We knew this piece of furniture wouldn't be getting out of the room it was in without some sawing (long story on how we got it in there in the first place). But, the mover had a great idea to just cut off one end and have that part repaired when we get to MN. It'll actually fit better where I want it in our new house this way.

Carter thought it was fun to run around our completely empty house!

1 comment:

Dalton's Mom said...

We are sad to see you go but glad that the house has officially SOLD! Dalton and I met the new neighbor as he was moving in yesterday he seems really nice! Dalton kept wanting to go to "Carter's house"...I had to explain that Carter doesn't live there anymore:(