**lots and lots of pics...an entire holiday week in one post**
We had a fun, busy 4th of July week. Three guys came up to go fishing with Jon, we hosted a family cook-out at our house on the 4th (there were about 15 kids running around), Jon and his friends went up to Lake of the Woods to fish, while they were gone my mom and Bill came back through to visit, and then Jon's life-long friend, Carter, finished off the week at our house.
Graham ready for the Kiddie Parade to begin. We went to Howard and Mary Hoody's house to watch the parade.
Carter and Greta waiting for the parade to start
I have no idea who this little boy is, but I thought he and his minature horse were adorable in the parade.
This is a friend we met last year riding in her decorated wagon through the Kiddie Parade. They are related to the Hoody's and come on the 4th to visit.
Carter and Graham doing some fireworks with Jon and the 3 guys who came for fishing, Carter, Roman, and Jonathan. It still amazes me that I can buy fireworks at gas stations, Wal-mart, and Target, since you can't even have them in the city limits in OKC.
Ready for the kid craziness on our 4th of July cook-out.
Carter (sweaty and getting a bit too much sun) and Greta playing at the cook-out.
After the cook-out Carter and I rode with our neighbors, Bob and Mary Kay, to watch fireworks on the lake. Poor Graham, he was at home in bed, since he doesn't know what he's missing yet. Next year for him.
Bob letting Carter drive on the river
Fireworks on the lake.
While Jon and the guys were up at Lake of the Woods, my mom and Bill came back through. We went to Itasca one morning to play.
They have a great children's area that teaches about the headwaters and Mississippi River. Carter was helping Graham climb up. I don't know if he said it in this moment, but my favorite thing Carter says right now is "Buddy Graham" when talking to Graham..."C'mon, buddy Graham."
Trying on the forest firefighter gear.
Standing in the headwaters. I tell Carter he should drop a bobber or something in the water to see if it floats by our house in a few days :)



Jon took Carter fishing this morning while I ran errands with Graham. I was so impressed with how brave Carter was holding up his fish!
My Carter loved having "daddy's friends" around all week. Before my Carter was born, I called Carter Cole to see if he minded if I stole his name, and I've told my Carter about that. So, all week my Carter has loved having Carter Cole here. Here they are right before bedtime. My Carter didn't want to go to bed because he said he was cozy right there with Carter Cole (it sounds like one word when my Carter says it "Cartercole").
Ready for the kid craziness on our 4th of July cook-out.
While Jon and the guys were up at Lake of the Woods, my mom and Bill came back through. We went to Itasca one morning to play.
They have a great children's area that teaches about the headwaters and Mississippi River. Carter was helping Graham climb up. I don't know if he said it in this moment, but my favorite thing Carter says right now is "Buddy Graham" when talking to Graham..."C'mon, buddy Graham."
Trying on the forest firefighter gear.
Standing in the headwaters. I tell Carter he should drop a bobber or something in the water to see if it floats by our house in a few days :)Jon's big catch on their trip!
No really, they caught a ton! All 4 guys landed musky, and apparently the fishing was so great they came home a day early!
Roman had the biggest catch...a 50" musky. Jon and Carter Cole quoted Roman's brother, "It's a bus" whenever they were talked about the fish the rest of the week.

Today, Carter helped me make a strawberry pie for a dessert tonight. He didn't actually like the pie, but he loved the whipped cream.
Jon took Carter fishing this morning while I ran errands with Graham. I was so impressed with how brave Carter was holding up his fish!
2 comments:
That is the cutest picture of Carter and Carter!!! Love it!
LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the great pics and memories...looks like you all have made yourself a HOME there! It is great that there is SO MUCH adventure there for you all to explore and making new friends and an even better place for old friends to visit!
Post a Comment