Sunday, July 18, 2010

great summer day

We had a great day! Other than the fact Jon had to work part of the day, I couldn't ask for a more perfect summer day with my sweet family. Carter and I made fresh, from scratch raspberry-blueberry scones (but he acted like I was trying to win some bad mom award when I fed them to him for breakfast, and he ate a granola bar instead). Then, we met up with our neighbors to check out Art in the Park. There wasn't much shopping to be done because the boys wanted to find a balloon and get their faces painted. Graham took a great nap while Carter helped Mary Kay next door plant some flowers (a little free time for me :) We took a nice long boat ride, and then ended the day grilling dinner outside with corn on the cob that Carter helped me shuck. Last year, Carter got a snake painted around his arm, but this year he chose a dragonfly.

Graham followed Carter's lead but chose blue.

I served mini-frozen corn on the cobs cooked in the microwave earlier this week. Those were ok, but Carter loved these tonight!Graham would lay his on the table and lean over to eat it. I usually cut his kernels off the cob, but he wanted none of that tonight.
Carter accidentally dropped an ear of corn on the ground, and Cleo snatched it and slinked away. She cleaned it in no time.

No comments: