Thursday, July 15, 2010

Real Soccer!

After weeks of having the kids play regular kid-style games modified to include a soccer ball (duck-duck-goose, red light-green light, etc.) at what is 4 year old soccer, they played a game against another team!! Unfortunately, I quit bringing my video camera long ago because Carter would rarely participate, and I don't really blame him too much. He kept telling me "I want to play soccer. This is so bored." And, when they let them loose playing a soccer game, he went all out! At first he wasn't put in, so he just went on the field with his own ball. Then, he told me he didn't need his ball, and the coach put him in the game. He was all over the place and had so much fun.
It did get stormy, and we were seeing lightning. Carter didn't want to leave without his medal, so I caught up with the coordinator (who wasn't too convinced that he should cancel things) and asked to go ahead and get the medal--because we were getting the heck outta there with the lightning!
Carter was super excited about his soccer medal, and we had ice cream for dessert after dinner because his coaches promised ice cream on the last night but didn't come through on that which 4 year olds don't tend to forget such promises...did you like that run on forever sentence??

1 comment:

Nikkie said...

this is the cutest 4 year old soccer player i've ever seen!