Saturday, December 13, 2008

Carter quotes and sayings

Tonight during prayers Carter thanked Jesus for letting him visit Santa today, so I wanted to journal some Carter quotes on here just so I never forget them. Other people might not think they're as funny or journal-worthy as I do and don't have to read them, but if you can try to visualize him saying them and his little voice, it helps. I plan on printing off all of these posts, since I'm just not a scrapbooker this blog can count as my sad attempt at faux scrapbooking.

C: "I want to tell you a question." Then, he tells you some random fact. Such as, "Mommy gave my tight underware to Aunt Emily for Kyle." or "I like the blue, blinking tree" when we're looking at Christmas lights.
He might actually ask a question, though. "Mommy, would you ever wear glasses?" or "Would you ever eat a mushy banana?" ideas from topics on Sid the Science Kid :)

Carter really likes the show Sid the Science Kid, and they often do shows on senses. The one about smells really sunk in with Carter, I guess.
C: "What's that I 'mell?" when he's the one who tooted!
C: "Did you 'mell that toot I did?" "Do you want to 'mell my breath?"

He's very into saying he's imagining we're doing stuff or pretending things.
C: "I'm 'magining what if we drove a mini-van. Wouldn't that be fun?" Uh, sorry--nope!
C: "I'm 'magining what if we could walk around and 'moke cigarettes. Can we do that?" Ugh, I'm ready for this cigarette phase to pass! When I say no, he'll ask "Can I drink coffee? Can I drink Diet Coke?" which he knows are all a big--no way. I think he just knows how to get to me!


We've mentioned a few times that in Bemidji we'll be able to have...blah, blah. Like Christmas lights on the house, snow, a basement to do the jumper, etc. I guess Carter thinks he'll get whatever he wants in Bemidji because he's mentioned several things.
C: "I was thinking I could get this vacuum that was at Home Depot when we live in Bemidji."
me: "Oh, really? What vacuum?"
C: "When I was at Home Depot with daddy I was thinking that. But, I didn't say it."

I get lots of "I'm just 'tending to..." when I tell him not to do something. Or, "In 2 more minutes I will" when I tell him to do something.

I know there are a million more that I can't think of at the moment, and a few that I can't post because they shouldn't be passed on (I'll take the blame on those). I'm going to try to keep better track of the great quotes. For a kid who really didn't speak until he was 2, he sure has had a lot to say this year!

2 comments:

Laura said...

What's wrong with a minivan? :)

Jenna said...

Love the one where he is "tending to" and the two minutes...Jack says the same thing (Except his is 3 minutes since he's three). I've failed on my blog. My new year resolution is to update it more often.