Monday, May 25, 2009

couple of Carter thoughts

First, he's calling me Cinderella this evening, which I love. "Cinderella, my covers aren't right." He told me that I will be Cinderella again tomorrow, too.
Mr. Observer:
One of our first days here in Bemidji we saw some deer in the road. Several seconds after we passed them, Carter asked my mom and me, "Why don't the deer have antlers here?" Maybe there's some special breed here in Minnesota :) Of course, we explained it's probably a girl. But, I guess we could have also told him that they lose their antlers each year and grow new ones. Oh well, he'll just think he's seeing a bunch of girl deer for a while.

The truck lover:
We passed a pretty decent wreck this afternoon, and there were several police cars and the tow truck was on the scene! There was a red light, so we got a little extra time by the wreck. I was saying, "That stinks. I hope everyone is ok." I glance back at Carter, who was pretty wide eyed, and he said, "Do they get to ride in it?" I asked if he was talking about the tow truck, and yup! he wanted to know if the people will get to ride in it.

1 comment:

3boysmom said...

It is so cute that Carter calls you Cinderella. Connor used to have a nickname for me at that age too and he called me it for several months. I loved it.

I hope you all are doing well. Looks like you've been having fun there in MN.