Thursday, May 21, 2009

a year and a half in the making

This one is a little heavy on the pics. The boys and I are getting settled in our house and waiting for Jon's arrival. The carpet finally got finished in the basement today, and that made a huge difference by giving the boys a big place to play. It was hectic with some crazy movers/packers, very delayed carpet installation, and just grocery shopping from scratch. But, my mom flew up with me to help with the boys, and we made it! Plus, I have cable and internet now, so I can really start getting back to normal!
I let the boys have a picnic lunch while the movers were loading our stuff (even Graham tested out some McD's fries!)

Finally! Last item to go on the semi--my car. You can't see very well because it was getting dark out, but there are 2 movers trying to direct the 3rd who was driving. It was pretty funny, but I tried not to laugh at them. They worked hard that day. I had good long-haul drivers, but the in-town people drove me insane!

Last day of Mother's Day Out on the day of the move. Carter is with Miss Emily here.

Ms. KayLeigh's last day was the week before ours, so I didn't get a picture of Carter with his teachers together.

Graham with his teachers Ms. Sheila and Ms. Amy. I was a mess that day because Carter and Graham had such great people at MDO who cared for them. I really enjoyed getting to know the MDO staff too :)

Carter is such a great traveller. He's watching the Cars movie and eating Cars graham crackers.
Graham did pretty well too. My mom and I traded off with him. Yes, his cheeks are super chapped, but they're better now.
A very smart person designed a thing that has 4 jumpers on it for babies in the pool area, so Graham jumped while Carter and I swam.
Carter and mommy in the kiddie area. Even, mommy went down the frog mouth slide for Carter!
Carter had been waiting a long time to go to the hotel and swim.
Carter was so excited to finally have his Geotrax back out! I didn't create quite the city of tracks that Jon once did, but this seemed to be enough for the time being. Graham loves watching the trains, too.
Space to play!! And new carpet!! This is a view from the stairs leading down to the basement. To the left is an office and fireplace area, then a TV area by the walk-out.
Graham watching Carter doing his Polar Express train and playing with the toy that brought out the first "Excited Face" from Carter when he was little :)
The view of the Mississippi river from the walk-0ut doorway. I think I've scared Carter within an inch of his life of going out that door without a grown-up. It actually is quite a walk down to get to water, and even then it's shallow pretty far out. Plus, I had an alarm installed on the house that dings when a door opens, so he thinks he'll set off the alarm if he goes out the door.

5 comments:

Laura said...

That's so much space! I'm glad to see things are starting to get back to normal.

mommy2alex said...

Looks like yall are getting settled quickly! So glad that your mom was able to come to help and that you didn't have to drive up (that was he*#!).
Whenever yall want to meet at the MOA for a day of play, let us know!! Or at the Water Park of A!
I'm excited for your new adventure!

3boysmom said...

It looks like you guys have been busy getting settled in! It looks like the boys feel right at home there. I'm so happy for you all.

I would be a nervous wreck living so close to water, but it sounds like you have Carter frightened enough to stay away. The door alarms are a great idea! Carter and Graham will have so much fun out there this summer!

Becky said...

Glad you made it safely. The new carpet makes that basement look brand new. I am looking forward to seeing all of your home improvement pictures. The boys look really happy, I hope momma is too! Loved all the pics.

Nikkie said...

How exciting! It's fun to see all the pictures. Keep them coming!