So, last night while sitting on the potty (having claimed he needed to poop to get out of bed) Carter's stomach gurgled. He said, "did you hear my tummy growl?" I said, "Yeah, it gurgled a bit." He tells me, "No, mom it GROWLED! It was saying, 'Hey Carter do you have any food for me in your bed?' and I was like, 'no tummy.'" Imagine him saying it with some hand gestures and eye rolling and then whispering his "no tummy" response to his tummy. I thought it was so cute--except for the fact he had lied about needing to poop just to be out of bed!
Some random Bemidji tidbits:
While I feel like I am starting to get settled and know my way around better, some things have struck me as odd. Such as the fact there's only 1 drycleaner in the entire city along with 1 dermatologist who has a 4 month wait for an appointment by referral only! And it always cracks me up when they ask me if I want my milk in a bag (pronounced "beg"). Of course I want my milk in a bag, it gets sweaty in the car. Carter gets excited when he sees a "real mail truck" because a civilian car delivers our mail. The 2 McDonald's are super serious about wearing socks in the playplaces and sell socks for $1 in case you forgot. 4th of July seemed almost like a religion in Bemidji, which was fun, and I think it'll be way more fun as the boys get older and can stay out late enough for the fireworks :) It'll be interesting to learn new stuff about the area as we spend our first full year here!
15 years ago
3 comments:
Just wait...soon you will be saying "beg"! haha!
I love the conversation between Carter and his tummy...so cute. I just love three year olds. You NEVER know what they're going to say next.
That's cool about the 4th of July being so special there. My boys love fireworks and I'm sure yours do too. We are excited because it rained here on the 4th so Bethany postponed their fireworks until tonight. We get to enjoy two weekends in a row of fireworks! The boys can't wait.
I actually laughed out loud about the McD selling socks - can you imagine the germ infested McD's here doing such a thing - I mean they are fine but I think sometimes we are lucky for clean tables! Maybe they have to do this because it takes so long to see the derm should you get a foot fungus...
Post a Comment