Thursday, July 2, 2009

Water Carnival

We went to the Water Carnival around lunchtime to ride a few rides and eat lunch, but a very disappointed 3 year old found out that they don't open until 5pm. So, Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Johnny watched Graham while Carter and I had some time together having dinner at the carnival and riding the rides.

Carter didn't really enjoy the merry go round or kiddie roller coaster (it was pretty rough, I went on it with him). But, he loved the long slide that you sit on a potato sack to go down, the race cars, and the "midway" games. His favorite was the rubber duckie game where you get to pick up a duck and see what size prize you can pick (he played that twice). As we were searching for funnel cake, I got conned into playing the water squirt game to race fire trucks. It was just the 2 of us, so we were guaranteed a win. Carter won and picked out his prize :)

He really wants to go back today, but it cost me a fortune last night and I don't want to try to go with Graham. It's going to be hard the next few days because to go anywhere in town, I'll have to drive past the carnival! I can already hear the begging and whining each time I have to go past there... Oh, and we never did find any stinkin' funnel cake!












1 comment:

3boysmom said...

It looks like you and Carter had a great time! I can't believe they didn't have funnel cakes...you know you're not in Oklahoma anymore when you go to a carnival and there aren't any funnel cakes!