Sunday, July 26, 2009

a week at the lake in one day!

We got up early on Saturday morning to go spend the day at the lake with my family. In addition to spotting the "regular" lake animals (deer, birds, frogs, chipmunks), we were lucky to see a bear, Jon helped Bill land a 46" muskie, and on the drive home we saw some wolves.
Carter's first ride in a booster! Only in Jon's car for the time being. I haven't given up the 5-point harness in my car, yet.
Graham had lots of room to roam and explore. Just had to watch to catch rocks, leaves and sticks that made it into his mouth.
While Graham was napping, we drove to the dump to see if there were any bears. We spotted one and watched it from the car for a little while.
The future Tiger of Ladder Golf! Graham loved pulling the golf balls off the ladder and had the marks on his forehead to show for it.
And of course, the sand! I think this is Carter's favorite part of coming to the lake. He would spend the entire day there if I let him.
Uncle Bill took Carter out for a quick boat ride.
Jon lost his net, so he didn't have one to grab the fish.
Bill with his big catch!
A quick cuddle on the hammock with my boys before heading home.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Carter has gotten so big! It's going to be years before Jaycee gets to sit in a booster!

Dalton's Mom said...

That is awesome and scarey all at the same time that you all saw a bear! What an adventure your boys are having:)

3boysmom said...

I am laughing at seeing Carter in a booster! Poor Coby was 6 before he was in a booster! I am very strict about the 40 pound rule and he didn't hit that until 6. It's crazy how differently kids grow!

Looks like you all had fun at the lake! I would've been TERRIFIED of the bear.