Tuesday, August 18, 2009

busy, busy boys

This morning I needed to run several errands, but Carter wanted to go to the science museum. So, I cut out a few errands, and to try to squeeze in some play and lunch at the same time suggested we skip the museum and head to McD's (bad mommy, I know). However, Carter wasn't lured away by my offer and insisted on the museum. I'm glad we went because they had one of their big turtles out roaming the museum, and Carter thought that was great. The turtle was surprisingly quick, but Graham was faster!
Graham trying to catch-up with the turtle.
Carter got close to touching it but backed away at the last second.

I've got to be on my toes more than ever now--stairs, cabinets, trash, toilet paper! They have a million toys, but for some reason these items seem to be more fun.
Graham finally discovered the fun of the toilet paper roll.
And Q-tips, velcro rollers, and anything else under the bathroom counter.
Carter got out all of our travel coffee cups to play "Caribou" (one of our coffee places). I told him that people who make coffee are called baristas. So he was a barista and would say "Here's your non-fat mocha, mom!"
Since Carter emptied out a cabinet getting out the travel cups, Graham thought it looked like a good crawling spot. Now he'll crawl into any cabinet where there's room for him.

4 comments:

Amy Haas said...

Liberty used to climb in cabinets when she was little. For a long time we kept one cleaned out just for her. I painted the inside pink and it was like her little play house. Too cute!

Dalton's Mom said...

Just LOVE the turtle pic of Graham! And the joy of household discoveries continues everywhere...glad to know that Dalton isn't the only one!

Jenna said...

I didn't know you had a Caribou there...I'm so jealous. I STILL have a Caribou craving everyday!!! Have a turtle mocha for me, please.

Becky said...

Your life looks really busy! Your boys are so sweet and getting so big. I can't believe that Graham is one! Looks like you guys are really enjoying life. Let us know when you come back to visit your family.