One year ago today we met Graham!! My friend, Jessica, came to visit this weekend, and we went to Chase on the Lake for a spa day and night away. So, on Graham's first birthday I slept in a tiny bit at a hotel, had a great breakfast, and then headed home to make his birthday cake. Jessica happened to be in OKC when he was born and was his first hospital visitor, and she was in Bemidji on his first birthday! Unfortunately, we had to take her to the airport before dinner and birthday cake. On the way home from the airport we picked up a few birthday items and grabbed pizza for dinner.
Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 2:26 a.m.
Our pizza dinner was cleared away, and he's waiting for cake.
His cake wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, but I tried to cut corners and used store-bought frosting. It was too thin to actually decorate with, so I had to just spread it. But I love to do their birthday cakes!
Hmmm...what's this fun stuff?
Want some daddy?
Apparently, he really liked it!
The other day Carter told me Graham would need balloons for his birthday.
Carter helped me bake the cake earlier in the day and couldn't wait for some birthday cake!
Carter tried to snag a little extra when his was gone.
Jon and Carter were outside playing while I bathed Graham. I guess Cleo thinks she should be included in birthday celebrations and found her way onto the counter to enjoy some cake, too.
2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe he's 1 already! So cute. I thought the cake looked great. You're still much more creative than I am! Loved the pictures of all the "finger prints."
Happy Birthday!!! Wow he has gotten so big and is soooo adorable. Looks like Graham and Carter are keeping you really busy. I loved the cake. It makes me want cake right now, and I especially loved the finger prints!! What fun.
Post a Comment