Saturday, August 22, 2009

A pretty perfect day

The boys slept in a bit today, Cleo didn't bark early, and I had a nobake cookie for breakfast. The weather was incredible--no wind, 70 degrees, blue skies. We ran errands in the morning, and the boys took great naps. This evening we cooked out and played outside. The reason I say a "pretty perfect day" instead of just a "perfect day" is because at the end of the day Carter came inside where I was. He said "I'm coming in because I'm hot." So, I said, "Then you must not remember living in Oklahoma!" He told me, "No, I really don't!" Hmmm...
Yesterday Carter asked me how carrots are made. So while at the Farmer's Market today, I bought some carrots with the tops still on for him. He was so excited to eat them whole. But,he took one bite (didn't like it as you can see) and wanted the bagged baby carrots instead! They taste the same to me.
Lots of outside time today.
We spotted 3 big woodpeckers on one tree at the same time. We hadn't spotted a woodpecker recently, so we thought that was a pretty big deal.
You would think this wouldn't be part of a perfect day, but Graham has found a great way to stay busy while I work in the kitchen. He likes to hang out in the laundry room and take all of the shoes off of the rack. Keeps him out from under my feet!


*Edit--the end to my day: Carter just claimed he needed to poop to get out of bed. I went in the bathroom to check on him, and he'd spread baby shampoo all over himself. Ugh!!!

2 comments:

Dalton's Mom said...

Tell me it isn't so that only after a few months Carter has already forgotten all of us in Oklahoma! And would love to know how you handled the baby shampoo incident...a little frustrated I bet! Other than all that it does sound like a perfect day:)

carriefish said...

I held it together pretty well, but I kept calmly telling him, "I am so angry right now." He kept saying, "Mom, I need clean jammies. Mine have soap on them!"