Graham moved to a toddler bed today. Last night was his last time in a crib. We've started the remodeling of the upstairs where our bedrooms are, so the boys are sleeping in the same guest room together. I'd already thought I must be insane to go ahead with more remodeling and moving Graham out of his crib when it wasn't necessary, but to have them sleep in the same room makes it official--I've lost my mind. They've never slept in the same room, and even as I started writing this, Carter was in here saying,"Mom, Graham keeps talking. Please come tell him to be quiet!" But, they're going to share a room when the remodeling is finished, so might as well get them used to it! At the moment I can still hear them chatting and laughing, but that's part of the reason I want them to share a room. There are 5 bedrooms in the house, so they don't have to share a room. But, I want them to.
So, first nap wasn't too successful. He didn't cry or scream, but he didn't sleep. At all. And, now the problem I'm facing is "what to do with the crib??" The crib that both of my boys used and left teething marks on. I just can't get rid of it, but there's no reason to hang onto it (except for the teeth marks).
3 comments:
Graham looks so cute in his big boy bed! I hope the room sharing goes well for you. We did it out of necessity for 2 1/2 years and it was awful. One was always keeping the other awake on a school night and we moved into a four bedroom house the first chance we had! Hopefully your boys will have fun with it and not fight all the time like our boys did. I know it can work, it just didn't work for us as the boys got older. You'll have to keep us updated as to how it's going.
you could save the crib like your mom did and use it for grandkids someday....although i guess she didn't actually let any grandkids sleep in it...
hmm....keep t for a year, and then maybe you will be ready?
i guess i'm not the best at those kinds of things...the minute gage was done w/the crib, it was gone.
I'm sure I'll get rid of the crib. I'll take pics of the teeth marks :)
And, Michelle,I hope they like it. There's plenty of space to roam in the house, so hopefully just sleeping in the same room won't be a problem. When they get older, they can have the 2 guest rooms.
Post a Comment