Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year. It's a little different for me here than it was in Oklahoma. Here, I get to start putting things out earlier because they aren't going to get hot and mushy and rot. There are also beautiful leaves, and the weather is cool and crisp. But, here I know my mums will freeze before Thanksgiving (long before Thanksgiving!). Last year, I spent a fortune on mums, and they froze about 2 weeks later. So, my friend, Michelle, posted on her blog a bunch of fall things from her house, and I'm bumming her idea for my blog.
I caved and bought a couple of inexpensive mums. I'll have to keep my eye out at the farmer's market for a huge pumpkin to replace the mums when they freeze.
I love the bumpy, warty pumpkins I found at the farmer's market. They had a huge trailer filled with all sorts of pumpkins and gourds last week.
A little early, but I put out one Halloween item the other day.
Our "fall" garden flag. I love college football Saturdays!
We finally have a dining room table (no chairs yet!).
I'm just waiting for one of the boys to pull this down and eat my candy corn.
Last year, my fall loving friend, Michelle, had this argyle pumpkin on her blog. She told me where she'd gotten it...I called my mom to track one down in OKC...mom found one for me, too! Really, I would just have Michelle decorate my house if I lived a tad closer to her :)
And yet another bum off of Michelle's blog. Pumpkin bread. Hers was already baked and probably from scratch. Normally, I would start from scratch, but the canned pumpkin shelf was empty at the store yesterday! So, I grabbed a mix. I don't really think my sweet boys will care.Tomorrow is the farmer's market again.
Hope I can find some good stuff and a giant pumpkin!
2 comments:
Oh Carrie. I think of you every year at this time. I remember your fall decorations. Everything looks great!
I love that we share a love of fall! You are SO sweet!!! Your decor looks great! I love the candle in the candy corns. I'm going to steal that idea from you. I wish I could put pumpkins out this soon without them rotting. I am a tad bit jealous of your cooler weather right now. :)
Post a Comment