We had a fun week celebrating Easter, and I loved hearing Carter talk about the true reason we celebrate this holiday. Of course, they enjoyed the egg dying and hunting, candy, and Easter baskets, but they know those things are a part of the day and not the meaning of it.
Carter praying with his class at the end of their Easter program. The little girl next to him moved onto the street next to ours last summer, and she happened to be in his class at preschool, too!
After the program we were having treats in the fellowship hall, and Carter told me he could see snow out the window. I thought he was kidding because it was sunny and beautiful as I was walking into church. It's hard to see in this picture, but it was pouring snow!
Egg dying. They loved it!
So proud of their hard work. Plastic eggs were hidden for Easter, so they liked getting to actually eat these eggs (especially when the dye had soaked through the shell).
I kept telling them not to pick the eggs until they were dry. It was so hard not to play with them.
Thank goodness the snow wasn't able to stick. This was our second Easter in Bemidji, and our second outdoor egg hunt here! From what I've heard I shouldn't expect this often, but we enjoyed it.
I loved watching them run all over the place.
It's not too often that we're all dressed nicely at the same time, so I tried really hard to get a picture with my boys. This was the best one we could get.
No comments:
Post a Comment