Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kid's Day/Mother's Day weekend 2011

Last year, Carter wanted to know why there isn't a Kid's Day, since we have Mother's Day and Father's Day. We decided that the day before Mother's Day will be Kid's Day now. I found a steal rate in a condo right on the beach area at one of our favorite places. We headed down for the weekend to swim (in the pool not the lake yet!), play, and relax. There are not any pictures of me because almost all of the pictures are in the sand, and I am not a fan of playing in the sand. I'm thankful the boys like to play together because I didn't have to get out there in the sand. I like to sit by it in the sun, but I can't stand sand stuck to me!

Saturday morning the boys opened their Kid's Day gifts.
Running in the sand
Graham loves ladybugs. They aren't "bad guys."

Racing down the beach

Snuck his hat off

Playing in the sun

Digging a trench

Burying Carter

Burying Graham

Sweet boy

A "Who can stand in the freezing water the longest?" contest

All 3 competing. Carter was always the winner!

Every now and then a large boat would give them a few little waves.

Unfortunately, this is how the weekend ended. About 2 in the morning on Sunday Carter started throwing up. Poor guy.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Great pictures. I love the one of Carter running on the beach and the one of Graham holding the ladybug. I'm glad your first annual Kids Day was fun. Not get some rest. It's Mothers Day!

3boysmom said...

It looks like you all had a great weekend away! Hope Carter is feeling better and that the rest of you all stay well.

Dalton's Mom said...

Such great pictures of your sweet boys...and memories too! Too bad that Carter got sick...you just never know when the yuck is going to happen and why is it always in the middle of the night?!?!? Happy belated Mother's Day to YOU!