Thursday, November 6, 2008

November storm

Several of our neighbors have storm shelters in their garages, and Carter and I had to go get in one at the Smith's during a surprise afternoon storm a while back. Carter thought it was so much fun and will often play "storm shelter" with us in a closet, digging in the sand, or the corner of a room. Well, yesterday we had a storm come up around 3:30 in the afternoon, so Carter, Graham, and I headed over to their house again (Cleo was left in the bathroom at home). Carter was pretty pumped that we might get to go in the shelter and wanted to pick out toys to take with us. Thankfully, we didn't end up needing to go underground, and Terri called me after we got home to look outside at the huge rainbow behind our house.

You have to look pretty closely because it was already starting to fade when I thought to grab my camera, but the rainbow is up in the dark clouds. Carter is actually a big fan of storms and loves to watch (from inside of course!).

1 comment:

Dalton's Mom said...

So glad you got a picture...it was gone by the time I got my camera! You all are welcome to our house anytime!