Wednesday, February 25, 2009

3 years and 6 months well-child checks

I doubled up and took both boys for well-child checks at the same time. I don't think I'll do it again. The doctor's office was running behind, since our appointment was at 3:30 in the afternoon. I usually do mornings to avoid that kind of mess and don't know what I was thinking when I scheduled the appointment!
Carter's 3 year stats: 40 pounds (97%), 39 inches tall (50%), and they checked his vision and blood pressure which were both great.
Graham's 6 month stats: 14 lbs, 11oz (5%), 24 3/4 inches (5%). Just the last few nights has he really started sleeping better through the night, and during the last week or so he's started eating a bunch more of his solid food.
Last June I started potty training with Carter some because he seemed interested. The interest faded, and we try every now and then to use the potty. But, the doctor said to try to be more diligent about it. It's hard, though, when my 3 year old says, "I WILL NOT use the potty!" when I gently tell him that Dr. Krous wants him to try to put potty in his seat (that dr. tactic usually works with most anything else) or today he said, "I WILL NOT let myself potty in my seat!" and then he sat down and pottied and was so proud! However, I've found a few new tactics, like the chart above. He gets stickers and will pick out a toy at Toys R Us, and he really likes my water spray bottle. So, after we pour out potty he sprays the seat. Several people have told me to let him roam around diaper free as much as possible, so as you can see I'm trying that too!
Notice Carter's bare little bottom travelling in front of my shot of Graham.
Checking things out with his binoculars in the buff!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Those bum shots are so cute! It's funny how different your boys are.

Kristi said...

I'm "cracking" up (har har) at the pic of Graham in the exersaucer. I didn't even realize at first that Carter's hiney was in the shot...too funny!

3boysmom said...

I just have to comment today. Carter weighs as much as Coby who is 6! Coby is tall and lanky though. Too funny!

I love the pic of Graham with Carter's bottom in the pic. I wouldn't have noticed it had you not pointed it out. So cute.

Michelle