The boys and I went to OKC for a visit the week before Christmas. On our flight leaving Bemidji we were on the plane ready to go, and we had to get off the plane for a 2 hour delay. There was a mechanical issue (or just a "mechanical" according to Carter). We missed our connection in Minneapolis, and had to wait an extra 5 hours in the airport for the next flight. And, as I write this we are still in Oklahoma due to what the news channels are calling "Blizzard 2009." We are booked on another flight for tomorrow evening, and we hope to get home to daddy and see what Santa leaves at our house tonight.
Hanging out in the kid play area in the Minneapolis airport. They played and relaxed while I drank a diet coke and ate a bag of peanut m&m's.
Traveling can wear anyone out. Especially an almost 4 year old who's phasing out his naptime.
While cleaning up toys at my dad's house, I found the nativity scene Little People on the pretend grill. Just thought it was funny!
Our flight back to MN was canceled due to the crazy sleet, so I took Carter to the mall to see Santa. It's really close (normally we'd walk), so I didn't worry about the roads being bad. But, we didn't take Graham because the sleet hurt when it hit us!
When Santa asked Carter what he wants for Christmas, Carter said, "I'm not going to say a bike this time. You can surprise me." Although I like a more traditional Santa outfit, this Santa was awesome! He chatted away with Carter and looked to me for cues on what to say. It probably helped that there was no one else there, too. Carter sang to him "Who's got a beard that's long and white? Santa's got a beard that's long and white!"
Hanging out in the kid play area in the Minneapolis airport. They played and relaxed while I drank a diet coke and ate a bag of peanut m&m's.
Traveling can wear anyone out. Especially an almost 4 year old who's phasing out his naptime.
While cleaning up toys at my dad's house, I found the nativity scene Little People on the pretend grill. Just thought it was funny!
Our flight back to MN was canceled due to the crazy sleet, so I took Carter to the mall to see Santa. It's really close (normally we'd walk), so I didn't worry about the roads being bad. But, we didn't take Graham because the sleet hurt when it hit us!
When Santa asked Carter what he wants for Christmas, Carter said, "I'm not going to say a bike this time. You can surprise me." Although I like a more traditional Santa outfit, this Santa was awesome! He chatted away with Carter and looked to me for cues on what to say. It probably helped that there was no one else there, too. Carter sang to him "Who's got a beard that's long and white? Santa's got a beard that's long and white!"
No comments:
Post a Comment