Wednesday, December 16, 2009

thank goodness for the basement!

I think this was #1 on my house wishlist for this exact reason. A big basement for when it's freezing cold outside! On my blog about a year ago you see this jumper in the middle of my living room at our old house, but now it's in its correct place. Our neighbor friends, Wyatt, Cal, and their mommy Amy, came over yesterday, and Wyatt wanted to do the jumper. Amy pointed out that when they first started coming over this summer, Graham couldn't really do the jumper and her younger one, Cal, needed help with it. Now, Graham can do it with help getting in, and Cal doesn't need any help. The boys are all over the place, and it's a great open area for them to get out their energy.Cleo is very tolerant of all the craziness.
All 4 boys being boys.
Overhead view from the stairs. Watch out for the small boys :)
After jumping we decided to do the gingerbread house kit I'd gotten for a "cabin fever" kind of day. I messed up the icing and couldn't get the walls to stick together, but it worked out ok because I made 2 flat houses instead. That way Wyatt and Carter each did their own. I thought they looked like the Alamo.

2 comments:

Laura said...

It's great they have boys around their age to play with! Looks like fun. I love the snow globe. Tell Carter it's my dream to own one too :)

Becky said...

That is awesome Carrie! So cool that the boys have fun neighbors to play with.