Tuesday, August 3, 2010

(slightly) foul mouth

I sometimes don't always have the most pristine vocabulary. Nothing extreme, but words I don't really care to hear my 4 year old say. I've made a big effort to try not to say "freaking" because Carter was forming a habit of it. So, now I need to cut out "sucks" and "crap." It's hard to get onto him when he hears it from me, so I guess I need to be the grown-up!
Recently:
We took my sister's family to a park close to our house to play and picnic. As we pulled into the parking lot I heard Carter say, "This park doesn't suck." I got onto him about it, and he replied, "No, mom, I said this park doesn't suck."


Carter was super soaked this morning when he got out of bed. He was saying how when he gets older he's not going to have a soaked bed, and that he didn't used to have soaked beds. I said, "Well, you used to wear Pull-ups, so your bed wasn't wet in the mornings." He replied, "Pull-ups suck."

After an infomercial he told me, "Mom, you should order those flash cards that teach babies how to read for Graham. If they suck you can just send them back."

I have my work cut out for me,
but I can't let him go around saying that all the time!

No comments: