Before I went to the surgery center yesterday, Carter told me he would kiss my band-aid when I got home to make it better. Then, when I got home and Carter saw me, he wanted to cuddle in my bed with me. But, thankfully, our babysitter (Katie) was able to come and stay the whole day with the boys. When I got out of bed, Carter wanted to check out my band-aid, listened to my heart with his stethescope, and wanted to kiss "where they opened me up." But, Katie said "Let's give your mom some more time to rest" and headed the boys outside. So, later when I went in Carter's room he looked up and said "Do you need more time mom? Why don't you go back in your room?" It sounded thoughtful, but I know it was probably because he was having so much fun with Katie!
This morning he asked if he still couldn't jump on me, what kinds of things my doctor said I could eat, and how long until I'll be better. I thought it was so sweet that he was still thinking of me :)
4 comments:
He is a sweet little boy and I hope that you are feeling okay!
Carter is so sweet! Hope you are having a quick recovery so those boys can start jumping on you again!!!
Glad to hear you have an excellent nurse taking care of you. Hope your recovery is smooth.
That is so sweet!!!! Boys are the best, aren't they?!?
So glad that he took such good care of you! ;)
Post a Comment