Jon and I decided we needed a getaway, so Grandma Jane came up to watch the boys while we headed out. Neither of us had ever been up towards Lake Superior, so we spent one night in Ely, MN and then stayed in Grand Marias, MN for a few more nights. It was the perfect time of year to go with the leaves changing and crisp weather, but the only thing about this time of year is that some shops and restaurants had just closed for the winter--The World's Best Donuts closed for the season just 2 days before we got there! It was nice to have a few days of quiet meals, sleep, and relaxation.
I don't usually go for the "Scenic Lookouts" when driving, but we stopped to walk around at one along Lake Superior heading up to Grand Marias.
The view from a new favorite restaurant--The Angry Trout. It'll be nice to go in the summer and sit out on the deck.
I decided I guess I'm officially a Minnesotan if I own Mukluks. Our first stop, Ely, is where they're made, and Jon and I both got a pair (his are more guy-ish, though, plain brown and black). They are comfy and will keep me warm!
4 comments:
What beautiful scenery!!!
Do you wear thse outside or are they inside only? I'm very intriuged!
I love Grand Marais! We spent a week there before Jack was born. Such a relaxing get-away and I am sure it was beautiful this time of year.
Yup, they're for outside Jonelle. They stay warm without socks on even to -10. Even lower if I wear socks or add inserts. Super comfy.
I am digging your new boots...and the pictures are beautiful...you definitely have some amazing places to explore...lucky girl!
Post a Comment