Saturday, October 31, 2009

masking tape mania

One day I needed Carter to stay out of the way while there was some work being done in my future dining room, so I put a line of masking tape on the floor as a border. Carter borrowed the roll of tape and started blocking off different parts of the the living room. It has taken off from there, but my friend Amy has assured me her son did the same thing (he's a year older than Carter).

He criss crosses it all over rooms, hangs paper on it to make signs, wraps toys in it, connects things to make trains, and does a lot of pretend boat motor repairs with his masking tape. Yesterday, Carter wrapped the legs on his chair with paper and tape, so "Graham wouldn't bump his head on it."I buy it in bulk when we go to Home Depot, and he's allowed one roll a day.

Cleo and Graham don't enjoy it, though. The tape sticks to Cleo's fur, and Graham can't figure out how to get it off of himself sometimes. It's cheap entertainment, and Carter has been extremely creative with what he can do with a roll of masking tape!

2 comments:

Dalton's Mom said...

I love it...but Dalton would just get really pissed off because the tape would be sticking to him and not what he wanted it to stick to!

Carla said...

Ohh good idea!