Thursday, November 5, 2009

ice skating

Carter had his first ice skating class tonight. He was pretty excited all day and had no reservations getting geared up and getting out on the ice. I was impressed how well he went out there without hesitation, but then I realized there was one coach for 11 new skaters. They had a helper, who I'm guessing was about 12, trying to help Carter stay up. They said they were short a few coaches tonight, and that next time there'll be more coaches on the ice. Jon was out there most of the time with him. I was proud of him for getting out there and trying something completely foreign to us!
Geared up and ready to go!
They have "walkers" for the kids to use while they try to learn how to stay up. Tonight at bedtime Carter said, "Next time, I want a real class with the teacher helping me. Could you tell my teacher that?"

4 comments:

mommy2alex said...

Oh how sweet! I hope his teacher will help him. So great that he just went right out there and tried!!! It will be amazing to see how fast he takes to it! :)

Dalton's Mom said...

Yeah for Carter...what an exciting night! And yes there should be a teacher out there helping him next time...SO CUTE!

Nikkie said...

i am cracking up! yeah carter!

3boysmom said...

How fun! I hope Carter gets the help he needs and that he'll love ice skating. He looks so cute in his skates and helmet.