Friday, November 27, 2009

our first Night We Light

On the Friday evening after Thanksgiving, Bemidji has an event called The Night We Light. It starts with a parade through downtown, and then they light all the trees along the lakefront. We were invited to join our friends at a store downtown, so we could go inside to watch if it was cold or step outside for a front row view.
Carter and Wyatt up front watching the start of the parade. They didn't stay in that chair for long.Carter and Wyatt were out of the chair to grab the candy paraders were throwing.
Graham did pretty good for a while, but he was getting really tired and cranky by the end.
I think this was my favorite parade item--the septic tank cleaning people decorated a tank truck.
A bunch of firetrucks drove through at the end of the parade, and Santa was on the last one.
I took a picture of the lights along the lake, but I also wanted a picture of all the cars. This is the most traffic I've ever seen in Bemidji. There just isn't really any traffic normally.

1 comment:

3boysmom said...

How neat. That makes me wish we lived in a small town. Looks like fun...cold, but fun!