Carter has reminded me several times in the last week or so that, "it's not all about the bunny." He's absolutely right!! But, to a 4 year old--the bunny is pretty important stuff :) When I went into his room this morning the first thing out of his mouth was "Happy Easter, mom" (I think it's so cute when he tells me something like that first thing because it's as though he's been thinking about it all night). Then, I got to snuggle with him while Jon and Graham were still sleeping. Carter was eager to see what the bunny had brought, but I managed to stall him with a show while I snuck outside and hid eggs.

Two of his friends have Nerf shooters, and he's really been wanting one. Easter isn't a Christmas-like event, but they get a little something in their baskets along with the candy.
We baked the bunny yesterday, and he didn't come out of the pan well. So, I had to free-hand it more than I would have liked to. Carter helped me decorate some, and both boys liked testing out the frosting!
Graham taking a little break and laying out his finds.
Stretch!! One of the last ones to be found.Carter has a pre-school Easter program on the 15th (not sure why it's so far after Easter), and the teachers asked each kid a question. Their answers to that question became the kids' lines for the program. I'm not sure what the prompting question was, but here's Carter's line, "When you die Jesus does take you up to heaven. It's your feelings that he takes up." He got the feelings thing from me trying to explain what soul is and that your body doesn't go to heaven. I was saying that it's like what you feel and that was my best way to explain it to a 4 year old, so at least I know he was listening :) He asks so many questions about everything which is great, but it keeps me on my toes (and lots of Googling!)
5 comments:
How cute! you are talented that cake looks great!:)Mae
love the cake!
Love the cake and the sneak peak of your house (love your stairs!). I think we have similar taste! :)
And thank goodness for google and wikipedia since that is how I also answer a ton of Jack's questions. What did moms do before the internet?
The cake was yummy but what you can't see is that I ran out of frosting and didn't want to make more so the sides aren't done :)
Love all of the pictures. Graham is beautiful! Love the hardwood floors. Great job. Also love the bunny cake. This pregnant momma is craving cake now!
Post a Comment