I really want Carter to become more comfortable in the water, especially since we live on the water now and will be out on the boat more this summer. Plus, when we're at pools he really likes to swim with an adult helping him. It'd be easier for him if he at least knew how to float and put his face under without getting freaked out. The last time we did swimming lessons I was pregnant with Graham and had to wear a maternity suit to get in with him. This class he gets in by himself!
He'd told me all day that he wouldn't be swimming that night, but he would watch. So we sat at the side of the pool, and his sweet teacher talked him into sitting on the steps with his feet in the water. He was having fun before he knew it--even though apparently the water was freezing!
The teacher even got him to lay on his back in the water, which he doesn't really enjoy. I think the kids are so cute all standing on their little dock in the water waiting their turns.
And since Carter wanted us sitting next to the pool instead of the bleachers, Graham and I sat on the floor. My behind got wet and Graham was entertained by digging through my purse. He really wants to be in the water, though. When he's 2 I'll let him because then I don't have to get in with him :)
2 comments:
I'm with you on waiting. Mommy and me swimming lessons were not fun.
hmmm....I can't GET anyone to swim with me now....ok, maybe Gage. Still,I miss swimming lessons.
Post a Comment