Carter, Graham, and I loaded up and went to OK for a great trip! We squeezed in lots of visits--a playgroup friend's birthday party, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles, our former MDO teachers and friends, and ended the week getting some pictures taken of the boys. Carter and Graham are great travellers, and they make it so easy to get around the airport (well, maybe not easy, but not too difficult). I about died laughing at the airport today while we were getting some snacks in the gift shop. The cashier said, "Is there anything else you need? Something to read on your flight?" The days of enjoying a flight reading a magazine with a candy bar are long gone for me!
The airport in Bemidji has free parking up to 60 days, so we parked and walked right in! I sit the carseat in the booster and strap it around the rolling carry-on. Graham can ride in the carseat, and Carter walks. And, yes, I packed all 3 of us in this one bag!
The boys enjoying a little tea time!
Graham was sleeping late one morning that I was planning on leaving early. So, technically he's allowed to face forward in his carseat, so I turned his seat around to be able to feed him breakfast in the car. He tried his first Krispy Kreme that morning. Although, it wasn't really a true Krispy Kreme--plain cake doesn't count, but there's no way I was handing him glazed!
While in Norman we had to load up on our OU gear! My mom got a flag for our house or dock, I got 2 new shirts, Carter got a shirt, and I got a kitchen towel--all OU, of course!! What about Graham? Well, he has all the hand-me-down stuff that'll work great.
We went to our former neighbors' houses for some playtime. This is Jonas' playpen (far right), but the "big" kids wanted in to check it out. Carter, Graham, Dalton, and Jonas played happily for a few minutes before heading back over to Dalton's house.
Dalton had a spare pair of these hilarious glasses, so they let Carter keep the ones he has on. They look so super smart! We miss all of our sweet neighbors and are glad they still want to see us when we come to OK :)
I took the boys to get pictures taken on Friday, and they got to check out the tortoises that are raised where we go for pics. This is Carter's favorite part whenever we go, so I'm able to use seeing the tortoises as a bribe to get through pictures. I snapped this one with my phone, but the real pictures haven't been sent to me yet. They should be cute!
The airport in Bemidji has free parking up to 60 days, so we parked and walked right in! I sit the carseat in the booster and strap it around the rolling carry-on. Graham can ride in the carseat, and Carter walks. And, yes, I packed all 3 of us in this one bag!
The boys enjoying a little tea time!
Graham was sleeping late one morning that I was planning on leaving early. So, technically he's allowed to face forward in his carseat, so I turned his seat around to be able to feed him breakfast in the car. He tried his first Krispy Kreme that morning. Although, it wasn't really a true Krispy Kreme--plain cake doesn't count, but there's no way I was handing him glazed!
While in Norman we had to load up on our OU gear! My mom got a flag for our house or dock, I got 2 new shirts, Carter got a shirt, and I got a kitchen towel--all OU, of course!! What about Graham? Well, he has all the hand-me-down stuff that'll work great.
We went to our former neighbors' houses for some playtime. This is Jonas' playpen (far right), but the "big" kids wanted in to check it out. Carter, Graham, Dalton, and Jonas played happily for a few minutes before heading back over to Dalton's house.
Dalton had a spare pair of these hilarious glasses, so they let Carter keep the ones he has on. They look so super smart! We miss all of our sweet neighbors and are glad they still want to see us when we come to OK :)
I took the boys to get pictures taken on Friday, and they got to check out the tortoises that are raised where we go for pics. This is Carter's favorite part whenever we go, so I'm able to use seeing the tortoises as a bribe to get through pictures. I snapped this one with my phone, but the real pictures haven't been sent to me yet. They should be cute!
2 comments:
Glad you had a great trip and made it back safely!!
it was fun to see you and help chase the boys at Hannah's game : ) they are precious and are growing up so fast!
Post a Comment