Jon bought some firewood from a neighbor, so he has been loading it up and bringing it to our house each night this week--with lots of help from Carter! While Jon was getting firewood ready for winter fires, I decided to get the front porch decorated for Fall. Hopefully, the deer won't like the spray I put on things to keep them away and our first frost won't kill my flowers.
I hit the Farmers' Market a few times this week. It's so cheap here compared to Edmond and OKC! I got these huge pumpkins for almost nothing. I think the lady thought I was weird because I was so happy to have my pumpkins for the porch.
Did you notice the tiny carved pumpkin in front of the mums by the hay? Carter insisted that he needed to carve one already. So I let him pick out one at the Farmers' Market to make a very early Jack-o-lantern. He wouldn't look up for a picture telling me, "Mom, I'm concentrating, so I can't look up." He wanted me to make a scary face on it, but he said the Jack-o-lantern looked sad, not scary.
7 comments:
your porch looks beautiful! i bet carter had a great time with the guts of the pumpkin!
Okay forget about my comment on facebook...the porch looks fabulous! Jealous again this year! I have got my mums and pansies out and I think that Dalton and I will go pumkin hunting this week!
love it!!! I wish I had my pumpkins even more now :)
That is beautiful!! I hope the deer do stay away:)
Carter is too cute, carving his pumpkin...and the things he says, crack me up!!
I just love this time of year. Your porch looks great. I bet you really enjoyed watching Carter. They really love the simple things in life.
LOVE all your pumpkins and mums!!! Your porch looks great and Carter did a great job with his pumpkin. I planned on decorating my porch yesterday, but the flu and strep throat got in the way of my plans. Maybe in a few days....
Post a Comment