Monday, September 14, 2009

we love the lake!

We spent a week at Lake of the Woods, and of course had a great time! The weather was perfect, and there was a lot of fishing, playing, and relaxing. The boys love playing in the sand and kiddie pool. Carter and Jon went fishing in the boat several times, and I read all 3 magazines and the book I took with me.
Jon's 38" Northern Pike
His 43" Muskie
(He didn't keep any of the fish he caught but is thinking about having a replica made of this one)
One of the most important lake skills I can teach my children--proper s'more making!
He made one good one for s'mores. Then, he had fun "experimenting" and making them burn.
Graham slept in until at least 9:00 most mornings, so he's having breakfast solo while Jon and Carter went fishing.
It's no wonder they got eaten alive by mosquitoes. They were in the sand, grass, and water naked most afternoons! I had such a hard time keeping Graham from drinking the lake water.
Graham loves the ladder golf!
Carter faking sleep on a boat ride after lunch. No pants because he got in the water with Jon.
Enjoying lunch on an island.
Picking green beans with Great Aunt Mary Ann. Carter did a great job digging up potatoes too!

No comments: