I've been warned not to expect this nice of weather next September. Apparently, this perfect weather isn't the norm for mid-September, but we're loving it while it lasts!
Even though I'd grabbed McD's for lunch, we decided to have a picnic in the front yard. I guess a perfect weather picnic helps put my boys in a super sweet mood! (And, yes, Carter is once again wearing his jersey! He would wear it everyday and to bed if I let him)
They were so happy having lunch on a blanket yesterday, so we did it again today. Plus, it keeps my kitchen a tiny bit cleaner :)
The previous owners had a dog kennel, but when you take the fence away it becomes a perfect place for kids to do sidewalk chalking! Graham likes to color on himself and taste chalk. Carter and his friend Wyatt had done a lot of coloring that Graham kept crawling through.
After picnicing, great naps, and playing with friends, we had a cook-out and hayride to go to. Carter and I rode the hayride, and I almost had a college flashback when I got tossed around when the hayride suddenly jerked forward (for those of you who know the story!).
On our day 2 picnic, Carter said he needed sunglasses because it was so bright and then said, "I'm just enjoying the nice day and eating grapes."
2 comments:
We are also enjoying the fabulous weather, although I think it is changing next week...boo.
Love the picnics! We have a lot as well and it makes me a happy woman not to have to clean the kitchen after!
It looks like you all are having lots of fun. I can't wait to go on a hayride with my boys this year. Both Coby and Cale have field trips to the pumpkin patch coming up so I'm sure I'll get my chance soon! I love the pic of Carter in his sunglasses eating grapes. He is so funny.
Post a Comment