When we moved to Bemidji in May, I needed dark fabric to cover the windows in our bedrooms. So we headed to the fabric store, and in the check out line there were Lightening McQueen sunflower planting kits. Well, Carter conned me into buying them. Really, it was just Cars movie packaging, and once you threw that away it was a plain, tiny pot with 10 sunflower seeds, and freeze dried dirt that I had to soak in water to get it to expand.So, we followed the directions and planted the little seeds in the tiny pot. They all grew, so I transplanted the best 3 to a bigger pot. We have taken such good care of these 3 little plants, and while we were in OKC this past week the biggest one bloomed! I thought it would while we were gone, so I asked Jon to take a pic and e-mail it to us. Carter was excited to see his flower, and the other 2 should bloom any day now.
1 comment:
That is beautiful! I bet Carter was really proud of his flower.
Post a Comment