Wednesday, September 30, 2009

construction zone

We've had a lot of action around the house in the last week or so, and it's been fun for Carter to watch it all. I'm happy to see things really get going!!
This is where Cleo watches most of the action around the house.
The two men who've been working on demo at the house are both named Pete, and Carter has been very interested in what they're doing. One of the Petes offerred to let Carter help pull up some of the old floor. Carter said "My mom said I can't touch any of your things (the tools and equipment)" I told him it was ok as long as Pete was helping him.
I was so happy to see the arrival of the dumpster!
We had a gas line run to the house, and it required a lot of equipment. Carter loved watching the action!
They used this directional underground thing to lay the piping, and it was really interesting to watch.
Our septic tank needed to be emptied, and Carter was super excited to watch. I told him the night before what they'd be sucking out, and he said "We can see the poop go in the hose!" I told him, no, we wouldn't be able to see it. He said "Well, we'll see the shadow of it." His little wedgie in this pic cracks me up.
I wouldn't let Carter get too close because it's a 2 foot wide manhole they open up to get to the tank. In the background you can see someone painting our windows. The windows were off the house, and when the septic started getting pumped, our house stunk! Glad we only do this once a year!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love all of the pictures. How fun to have your house destroyed and it not be your fault or your children's fault. I am sure Carter is loving it all. Can't wait to see more pictures.