Friday, February 26, 2010

Carter chatter

I love the conversations I get to have with Carter everyday. Or, sometimes it's more like I just get the chance to listen to his string of outloud ideas and questions. He critiqued my driving today, "Mom, you are driving too fast. You need to slow down some. I don't even see your hands driving." I only had one hand on the wheel. After that he started in on:
"Mom, where do rocket ships fly?"
me: Up high, high in the sky
C: Like airplanes?
me: even higher, up in the stars
well, it was still light outside, so he started in on a new set of questions
C: where are the stars?
me: up high in the sky
C: but, where are they when it's dark? where is the dark when it's light out?
me: on the other side of the world
C: oh, where Buzz Lightyear flies?
me: uh, huh
C: he's pretend right?
me: yup, he's pretend.
Then, he started talking about something else that made me smile, and I can't remember it!!

He's heard me talking about schools. What I want to do for next year, kindergarten, etc. He also knows his cousins on my side are all home-schooled. So, he's already told me that he isn't going to kindergarten ever and that I can home-school him in high school.

The other night he told Jon and me this:
"When I grow up, I'm not getting married."

us: really?
C: I'm just going to live here.
me: sounds good. you'll need a job to pay rent.
C: I'm not going to work.
us: oh, really?? How will you have any money?
C: I'll get money from the doctors at work like daddy does!

His teacher at school told me that he gets along great with the other kids, but he'd rather play and chat with the adults. I think it's because he likes to chat and ask tons of questions. After a long conversation the other day where I finally asked him, "Where'd you hear that?" he explained to me, "I listen to grown-ups talking, and I hear things." Oh, yes he does!! It comes back to bite me often :)

1 comment:

3boysmom said...

I had to laugh at the fact that Carter's teachers said that he'd rather be with the adults. That's the same thing I always hear from Cale's teachers. He wants to sit and talk with them all day long! They are SO much alike in so many ways. So, have you broken the news to Carter that you will not be home schooling!? He is too funny :)